Friday, April 15

Dancing in the Rain

"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain."
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain."
     Seeing as how it has been nice and rainy outside, I figured I may as well talk about the rain. Do you ever feel tired on a rainy day? Well, I did some research like a whole 2 minutes ago, and apparently rainy days make you tired because it's dark outside, and your mind is tricked into thinking it's closer to night. That's just a little fun fact for you.
     Personally, I love the rain. The sound of rain on the roof is soothing to me. I could sit and listen to rain for hours on end. (In fact, I have.) I love thunderstorms too. I like to sit outside and watch the lightning streak across the sky. I don't know why, but storms excite me. I would love to go out and follow a thunderstorm for miles.
     My favorite part of rainy days, as suggested by the opening quotes, is dancing in the rain. It is so freeing to go outside and just spin around in the falling water. I seriously think everybody should try it at some point in their life. It gives you the chance to just relax, and let your worries slide away like the droplets as they roll down your body. Dancing in the rain gives you the opportunity to make something great out of the dreary-looking weather. I don't think you can get full enjoyment out of life until you have danced in the rain.
     Spending time out in the rain, not caring how cold and wet you get is a very freeing experience. You get to let yourself go and just have fun without a care in the world. I love the feeling of dancing in the rain. Just like the musical, singing in the rain works just as well (but is much more annoying to your neighbors). You should try it. Seriously, go outside. Right now. Have fun. Live a little. Learn to live life with no regrets. It makes things much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment